Saturday, December 23, 2017

PRAYER EMAIL - DECEMBER 23; DEUTERONOMY 2:25 CLOSE OF THE YEAR, UPDATES & PRAYER TARGETS

Greetings,
"This day will I begin to put the dread of thee and the fear of thee upon the nations that are under the whole heaven, who shall hear report of thee, and shall tremble, and be in anguish because of thee." Deuteronomy 2:25

All these years reading through, and this morning this verse stops me.  I am in constant wonder how the Spirit does this, time and time again.  May I share with you what He revealed to me.  This is a promise verse from the Lord.  And granted Moses was speaking to Israel in his last words to them.  but the Lord is not restrained by time, nor limited in promises, for He is ever the same, He is immutable (my favorite attribute of God).  And when God promises, He cannot lie, He shall fulfill His word to His servants.  And this was a promise to me, and I pray to all the church for the rest of this year, and into the new year.

"This day", a time period, one of my word/phrase studies.  This day is upon us, not yesterday, for we cannot go back; no tomorrow, for we are not there yet, but this day, right now, God will fulfill that which He has spoken.
'I will begin to put the dread of thee and the fear of thee upon that nations' - Just as the day of Pentecost, the people were in fear and dread of the Apostles, because God had come upon them in power, in signs and wonders.  God is able to do this again, in a moment; yea, this day.   what is the purpose of dread and fear of the nations?  for Israel it was to enter into the promise land; for us, it the Word of God to go forth and glorify His Name and bring countless numbers into the kingdom.
'They shall hear report of thee, shall tremble, be in anguish' - You and I, the church shall bear testimony to what the Lord has done, and is doing for His Name sake; the nations shall hear this of thee.  and their response they shall tremble and be in anguish.

After listening to so much of Leonard Ravenhill sermons, his phrases stick in my mind and heart.  One of those was this one: 'I want to be on the top 10 wanted list in hell'.  And this is what the Lord was promising, 'hell shall tremble and be in anguish because of thee'.  How much fear is there in hell when God's people pray?!  How much they know, usually far better than the church, there is much power demonstrated and done through prevailing prayer.  Oh, that I and you and all the church would know the fuller extent that we cause nations, yea, greater than that, we cause hell to tremble and be in anguihs for they have no power against God.  And prayer unleashes the power of God through His children's cry.

How many are the promises of God in answering prayer: 'Call and I will answer'; 'Ask and I give'; 'Two of you agree here on earth, it shall be done for you in heaven'.  It is the greatest of our spiritual disciplines to employ for our Lord's kingdom and Name sake.  And yet it is the first thing that is cut when time is pressed.  It is the least thing employed and used by the church.  Oh, that we would surrender to this priority, 'they prayed'; 'he prayed'.  And that I, or you, or both of us, would have our motto set and bear testimony, 'I give myself unto prayer'.

We do not know the extent to which God is urging us, and moving us to be a house of prayer, a people of prayer. a person of prayer.   And it is the most needful hour for us to awaken to this power of prayer.  The Lord is speaking to me deeply, and has been throughout this last year.  "How long before you surrender fully to this calling of intercession?'  I know my sins, my faults, my missed moments; grieves me sore.  And yet, after all my failings, the Lord speaks and calls one more time, 'this day I will cause hell to tremble and be in anguish because of thee.'   What else can I do?  Here am I, Lord send me, use me, fill me.'  Bend me O God; and God bent him.

What a promise from God.  May we carry it with us into the new year to see God do great and mighty things.   And right across the page from this promise, Moses exalts God's power with this testimony, 'O Lord God, Thou hast begun to shew Thy servant Thy greatness and Thy mighty hand. . . '   May His glory be dominated upon you in the new year; may you be found faithful and obedient in great and small things.   Go forth brethren, and be fruitful and bear much honor unto our blessed Lord.

Thank you for you support throughout this past year, and for your prayers.  Merry Christmas and blessed new year to you!

Prayer Targets:
--Supreme Court cast to be rendered in June, 2018;  religious freedom, and next step against the church if they rule against cake shop;  agenda of LGBT is cause from hell;
--drugs - set to set another record this year of over 70,000 deaths due to overdose;   an entire generation being wiped out;  government set to legalize drugs with drugs for profit;
--a mass shooting being plotted in San Fran was thwarted - Praise His Name for Christmas Day;  but evil continues to flouish in this warfare;  continue to pray against this evil of homicides; murder-suicides; death & dying;
--CA wildfire, becomes largest in history;  look at all the natural calamities of judgements this year alone;
--teacher/student sex continues each week with more and more being revealed and found out;
--Yemen reaches 1 million with chlorea; over 100 dead in Philippines due to flooding;
--Huntington, WV reaching record homicide deaths;  Chicago reaching near 700 for the year;


 Updates:
--24/7 prayer chain;  how much I implore you to join us and help us cover this great need of prevailing prayer for the church against the flood of evil in our day;   All that this devotional has been on, is directly linked to this prayer chain;     
--new end of the year prayer blog with many of the updates and prayer targets spelled out:
http://danbiser.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-prayer-for-close-of-this-year-and.html
--youtube page - around 75 sermons and personal sharing uploaded this year;
--A Word blog - 127 blog posts added;  from Isaiah 44 - 49;
--

Until,
dan


Started:  December 23, 2017

Continued:

Finished: 

No comments:

Post a Comment