"Remember the word unto Thy servant, upon which Thou hast caused me to hope." Psalm 119:49
"I remember Thy judgments of old, O Lord; and have comforted myself." Psalm 119:52
"I have remembered Thy Name, O Lord, in the night, and have kept Thy law." Psalm 119:56
"Remember", is done when time is given in prayer, meditation, memorization and upon the Holy Ghost's prompting. Within this 7th section of Psalm 119, the writer references 3 moments to 'remember'. It is the blessedness of prayer that causes us to remember these things for encouragement, honoring unto the Lord, and increasing our faith.
1. "Remember Thy word unto me, for it has given me hope." God has spoken His Word to teach us and to benefit us in remembering Who He is and what He is willing and able to do. God often speaks to His children by giving them a 'promise verse'. Many are called into ministry with such a verse. Hope and increase of faith is given by a promise verse from God. Salvation comes forth by hearing the Word of God. And the Scripture is filled with numerous promise verses from God in directing our faith in Him. God cannot lie, and will keep all of His word to His children. This is the necessity of knowing the Word of God. Read the Word, study the Word, memorize the Word and meditate on the Word. For from it, God shall speak. And when He speaks and reveals a Word, then hold fast to it, for He shall bring it to pass. From this comes great hope in God, for His Word is true and faithful. This is why I did the "I will's of God" phrase study; there are over 2000 "I will's of God" in the Bible of what He has done, will do and is doing. Remember these!
2. "Remember the judgments of God, and take comfort." God is immutable; He changes not. And the works of God in grace, mercy and in judgements are consisted, past, present and future. The way God acted in Genesis, God acts today. Know these judgements, for God is righteous in what He does. God sends forth judgements for the sin of the people against Him. They have forgotten Him and they do not remember the price to pray for such forgetting and forsaking. But God will send forth remedial judgements that these might be the catalyst to return us to Him. And when you see these things and remember what has happened and we know why they have happened, take comfort in these things.
God is righteous and just. "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" Yes, He shall. That no matter what judgement is happening upon our nation, family, church or personal individual, God is right and just in what He is doing. It is not God at fault, the person/people that are in the wrong. Remember these things and do that which is right in His sight. God shall see the right response, and repent of the evil that He thought to do to us.
3. "I have remembered Thy Name, O Lord, in the night and have kept Thy law." How often taught in worship in prayer that it is about the Names of God, the works of God and the Scriptures on God. To sit and rehearse the Names of God is powerful and glorifying unto Him. In the stillness of the night, one has awakened to worship Him by declaring His Name. One might be awakened or kept up due to circumstances and they need to find help and strength, find it in the Names of God. But you cannot remember what you have not rehearsed or memorized. How soon God's children forget His Name. Therefore commit to mind and heart the Names of God, and avow to keep His law faithfully.
Now taking these things of remembrance into our prayer time there is great guidance of the Holy Ghost for us to pray in agreement with Him. Now I ask you when you go into your prayer chamber or enter into corporate prayer time, 'what do you remember?' Too often, most prayer remembrance is a sick list of names and psychical cases. This is praying temporally and carnally; it is the physical. And although these things must be prayed for, this is not the greater depth of prayer. The greater depth of prayer is the eternal, the spiritual, the will of God. Praying without remembering how great God is, how great is God's word, will lead to simply a faithless religious exercise of rehearsing names and conditions before Him. With never expecting to see God's great power demonstrated, nor His kingdom advanced. It will become simply mental thoughts, rather than petitions, supplications and intercessions to see His glory! Too much is missed by praying 90% for the carnal and temporal and less than 10% for the spiritual and eternal. Be much more praying God's heart and mind, than yours.
Brethren, remember! Remember Who you are talking to; Who you are listening to. Remember how powerful He is and what He has revealed about Himself in His Word. 'Nothing is too hard for Me", God said. Put Him to the test in your prayers for the impossible; as He said, "prove Me now, saith the Lord". Go to Him, like it all mattered; for our very future and existence matters. And the power of prevailing prayer matters. Remember that His Own children of Israel were where we are today. And remember what He did to them. Remember what He said about His response, and our response that is needed. Know the Word of God, and know the God of the Word (LR).
1. Drugs/Alcohol - continued stats of death and destruction upon minds, bodies, and lives; death and dying; and all along, the government seeking to legalize it to increase its destruction of our nation;
2. Natural Disasters - record, historic wildfires in US west states; hurricane disaster still upon LA; more tropical storms coming, 1 for first of week near New Orleans;
3. LGBT - continued laws, judicial edicts, contrary to God's Word being passed and implemented; and the church that stands against them, will face their full wrath and venom in lawsuits, arrests and threats. A pastor in England is standing against this now - Josh Willaimson in the UK is under great attack. It is a picture of what is coming for all the church.
4. Children - schools are trying to get back under way; neglect, abuse being reported; continued sex trafficking, numerous states busted for illegal children rings;
5. Great Evil - 2nd mass murder this week, 2 for September; murder-suicides reach 400 for year; 1 cop killed, 2 for September, 44 for year killed; mass shootings continue 2 per day and record setting;
6. Pestilence - covid is raging world wide; crossing 900,000 death; by mid September should reach 1 million; all of this under 9 months; US stats are averaging 1000 per day, and over 40,000 new cases a day; India is setting records with cases and looks like it will surpass US in death totals; major 2nd wave now in France & Spain; West Nile rising again in US states with cases;
The cup of God's wrath against our nation has reached the full brim of the cup of wrath. WE have been at the max for some time now. And at the end of last year, I asked and was considering, 'when you've reached Epidemic proportions, what comes next?" The cup overflows in God's wrath. This is what we are seeing, this year. And out of this comes greater judgements, that bring forth the 3 D's - death, destruction and desolation. WE have not reached the stats yet, but this is where we are heading. The explosion to come will accomplish this. The Epidemics worked toward that end, over a longer time period. But now final judgement begins, without a right response from the church.
This is the reason of a greater response from the church through remembering what God has said. 'When such things occur, then do this/." God has spoken and revealed what we are to do. Fastings, tears, mourning, declaring the Truth
THANK YOU!! - Thank you to so many of you for your support, financial gifts, prayers and participation in 'A Call for A Solemn Assembly'. The response and the reaction was astounding. I thank God for His moving and willingness to stir us up to prevail in prayer for such a times as this. Continue on my brethren!
All the individual as well as the sessions are saved and preserved for your convenience to watch and listen to. Blessings and again, Thank You so much !!
--bible readings - finished this past week; #53; word study - all the words that begin with "R";
--The Activity of God - up through Ezekiel 13;
--A Word blog - finished starting all verses in Isaiah; now working backwards to finish those left undone; 1/2 of chapter 66 are now complete;
--sermons are live streamed on my facebook page and youtube channel; Monday night bible study is lives streamed; Thursday night Hour of Prayer is live streamed;
Started: September 12, 2020