Tuesday, August 30, 2016

LETTER TO SBC LEADERSHIP - AUGUST, 2016

August 29, 2016

Greetings,

I am looking for some direction and help in answering some of the issues that I presented in the prayer email sent out August 30.  I know as a convention we have made numerous resolutions toward the issue of drugs in our society.  But I am wondering at the height of this are we prepared for where a continued trend is taking us.

As leaders of our convention I am simply asking what is in place and what is set up to help deal with the following:

1.  in light of what I wrote about young mothers dying in drug overdoses, foster care and orphans are going to be a record levels;  do we have facilities, plans, assistance to deal with such?  Is there a plan or guideline to direct local churches, states to help in this need?

2.  With the drug overdoses and deaths at record level, how are we preparing churches, state conventions to deal with this?  Frank, I know we have talked about your advisory committee in their response of mostly counseling, treatment centers, medical professionals, etc.  But is there added or any focused discussion of the spiritual warfare happening and assaulting the church, families, and society?

3.  With the warning signs of baptism numbers dropping and a renewed call to get them back up  Can leadership please give warning to manipulating numbers and focus to do what only God can do?  I know to some that it may be a 'given' that pastors and churches know this, but I do not believe we can assume this.  A reminder that humanism, emotionalism is not the answer, but God gives to the church daily such as should be saved.

4.  A renewed call to holiness to be presented to SBC.  With so much carnality, so much worldliness, so much 'coming short' of the high calling of Christ let us not be content with what we see and know.  Bonar said, 'I looked for the church and I found it in the world; I looked for the world and found it in the church."  This cannot be and expect the Lord's favor, when we know that He said, 'come out from among them and be separate.'

Other leaders, entities, groups, that an answer these things or address them I would greatly appreciate.  Time is not a luxury for us as we see our nations demise rapidly increase.  I await your response and suggestions.  thank you brothers

until,
dan biser
rdbiser@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment