Friday, September 28, 2018

PRAYER BLOG - SEPTEMBER 28

Greetings,

Samuel Chadwick said, 'A prayer life is a life that prays."

"I give myself unto prayer." - Psalm 109:4
". . . he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed. . . " - Daniel 6:10
"Continue in prayer" - Colossians 4:2
"Pray without ceasing" - I Thess. 5:17
". . . for behold, he prayeth." Acts 9:11

Verses that the Lord has placed on my heart and mind years ago and continues to this day to be the standard.   Nothing is done in God's kingdom, here on earth, apart from the prayers of His people.   God knows this, hell knows this, but I do not know if the church knows this.   But I believe wholeheartedly, the remnant of prayer warriors carries the will of the Lord day in and day out.  I thank God for all those faithful prayer warriors who labor in the secret closets, so as to prevail.  Not of recognition, not of pride or vanity, but love for the Savior and His people and purpose.  They pray!

Next week is the Sermonindex conference in California.   The theme is revival, 'How Long Lord?"   And the answer to why revival tarries, is because the church has not prayed so as to prevail for God's Divine Presence.   And at the same time is Prayer Link, the SBC prayer gathering in Dallas.  In which I have spent the better part of 4 months in thinking, calling, emailing, writing to get materials ready for a meeting that I will not even be at.   But it is my duty to seek after the prayer life in myself and in others.   I want to pray so as to please my Father and Lord; and I've always wanted my beloved SBC to be a people of prayer as well. 

The constant warning of Ravenhill, '5 seconds inside eternity we will all wish that we had prayed harder and more'.   My fear, this catalyst of regret, that drives me is to not have this said of me when I stand before the Lord.  The Lord, 'You knew this truth that prayer was My means of employment of My will on earth and in the hearts of man.   Yet, you prayed so sparingly, so limited; so faithless.   Why?   I entrusted you with this fire and burden; why did you not compel them to continue in prayer and go deeper with HIm? Why did you not go deeper and stay longer?"    What shall I say on that day?  What shall you say?

My latest works have revealed what I have long touted and rebuffed in SBC life, 'we are not a people that prays, and our churches are not houses of prayer'.   I have found out that less than 20% of churches have any kind of corporate prayer meeting in a months time.   This is directly a reflection of the secret closet prayer life of pastors and church laymen.    This is the cause to our questions of baptism numbers, of souls saved, of evils not stopped and the rise of epidemics on our nation.

IT is to be reminded once again of our great weapon of warfare for victory over sin, self and Satan - it is in the prayer life.   Not just to say prayers, but pray so as to prevail; pray with fervency, urgency and a knowledge of the emergency on our very future.

I have done the article on 'SBC and its Prayer life";  I have done a video on my youtube page of "Urgency" for Prayer Link.  I have called, emailed, and begged for the increase needed to bring attention to the humanism of the SBC and other churches.   to learn that it is prayer with a holy life that comes before God and is granted what they asked for.   It is not looking to man, means or methods but to look to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith to be granted the desires of our heart.    It is to sit still before Him and hear His heart and will in this world and the one to come.

Brethren, I say the same words, LET US PRAY.     


Prayer Targets:
Epidemics:
1.  Drugs
2.  Cancer
3.  Great Evil
4.  Children abused and neglected; sex traffic;
5.  LGBT
6.   Natural Disasters

Updates:

 --Sermoninex Conference - less than a week away;  let me thank each of you that have privately written me and prayed these last 6 months.   Let me thank you that have sent me money to help pay for this trip.    Let me encourage you to pray through and watch and participate during the simulcast.   Invite and share with others to do so also.  
--Youtube page - sermons are live streamed from youtube each Sunday service at Keyser and Fox's Hollow;   then saved and uploaded to my youtube page;
--A Word - not much done since hitting 2000;   time is not favourable right now;
--Dan Biser blog - the prayer blog; Prayer LIfe of the SBC; for you to read and share;

Until,
dan 

No comments:

Post a Comment