Sunday, October 22, 2017

WORD & PRHASE STUDY OF THE BIBLE - OBADIAH, JONAH, MICAH, NAHUM & HABAKKUK

OBADIAH

Word Studies:

After
All
Because
Before
Bring, Brought, Bringest, Broughtest
But
Come, Camest, Came
Day
Do, Dost, Doeth, Doth
Give, Giveth, Givest
Help
Keep
Know, Knowest, Knew, Knowledge
Made
Make, Makest
Now
Perfect
Power
Remnant
See, Saw, Seest, 
Seek, Sought
Send, Sent
Until, Til
Way
Went
Woe

Phrases

And God Said
Day & Night, D& N
Hear & See, or See & Hear - H & S;
Heaven & Earth
In that day
"I Will's of God"
Poor & Needy
Seek & Find
Small & Great
Take Heed
The Lord Commanded

Questions of the Bible

Chapter 1
1:1 thus saith the Lord God - and God said; sent;
1:2 Behold; made;
1:3 bring; who shall bring me down to the ground? - great questions of the bible;
1:4 thence will I bring  thee down - I will's of God; saith the Lord - and God said; bring;
1:5 came (2) - come (2); till - until; If thieves came to thee, if robbers by night, would they not have stolen till they had enough? if the grapegatherers came to thee, would they not leave some grapes? - great questions of the bible (2);
1:6 sought - seek;
1:7 all; brought - bring;
1:8 in that day - day; saith the Lord - And God said; Shall I not in that day, saith the Lord, even destroy the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of the mount of Esau? - great questions of the bible;
1:11 in the day (2) - day (2);
1:12 but; looked - look; on the day, in the day (3) - day (4);
1:13 in the day (3) - day (3); looked - look;
1:14 did (2) - do (2); in the day- day; delivered - deliver;
1:15 the day of the Lord - day; all; done (2) - do (2);
1:16 all;
1:17 but; deliverance - deliver;
1:18 for the Lord hath spoken it - And God said;
1:21 come;

JONAH

Chapter 1
1:1 Now; the word of the Lord came unto Jonah, saying - And God said; came - come;
1:2  go; come; before;
1:3 but; went (2); found - find; going, go - go (2);
1:4 but; sent;
1:5 but; gone - go;
1:6 came - come; God will think upon us - I will's of God; What meanest thou, O sleeper? - great questions of the bible;
1:7 come; know;
1:8 comest - come; what is thine occupation? whence comest thou? what is thy country? and of what people art thou? - great questions of the bible (4);
1:9 fear the Lord; made; heaven & earth, H&E;
1:10 done - do; knew - know; because; why hast thou done this? - great questions of the bible;
1:11 do; What shall we do unto thee, that the sea may be calm unto us? - great questions of the bible;
1:12 know;
1:13 bring; but;
1:14 done - do;
1:16 feared the Lord - the fear of the Lord; made;
1:17 Now; days and nights, D&N;  days - day;
Chapter 2
2:3 all;
2:4 will; look;
2:6 went; brought - bring;
2:7 came - come;
2:9 but; will (2);
2:10 And the Lord spake - And God said;
Chapter 3
3:1 and the word of the Lord came unto Jonah, saying - and God said; came - come;
3:2 go;
3:3 went; the word of the Lord - And God said; Now;  three days' journey - day;
3:4 a day's journey, forty days - day (2);
3:6 came - come;
3:8 But; way;
3:9 if God will turn and repent - I will's of God; Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from His fierce anger, that we perish not? - great questions of the bible;
3:10 saw - see; way; that He had said - And God said; do, did - do (2);
Chapter 4
4:1 but;
4:2 before; knew - know; was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? - great questions of the bible;
4:3 now;
4:4 Then said the Lord - And God said; Doest thou well to be angry - great questions of the bible; doest - do; well;
4:5 went; made; see; till - until;
4:6 made; come; deliver;
4:7 but; the next day- day;
4:8 and it came to pass; came - come; did - do;
4:9 And God said; Doest, do - do (2); well (2); Doest thou well to be angry for the gourd? - great questions of the bible;
4:10 then said the Lord - And God said; madest - made; came - come;
4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle? - great questions of the bible;

MICAH

Chapter 1
1:1  the word of the Lord - And God said; came - come; saw - see; in the days of Jotham - day;
1:2 all (2);
1:3 behold; cometh, come - come (2); and will come down - I will's of God; heaven & earth, H&E;
1:4 before;
1:5 all; what is the transgression of Jacob? is it not Samaria? and what are the high places of Judah? are they not Jerusalem? - great questions of the bible (4);
1:6 Therefore I will made Samaria as an heap, I will pour down the stones, I will discover the foundations - I will's of God (3); make;
1:7 all (3); therefore will I lay desolate - I will's of God;
1:8 will (3); go; make;
1:9 come (2);
1:10 all;
1:11 came- come;
1:12 but; came - come; good & evil, G&E;
1:13 found - find;
1:14 give;
1:15 Yet will I bring an heir unto thee - I will's of God; come;
1:16 make; gone - go;
Chapter 2
2:1 Woe; because; power;
2:3 Therefore thus saith the Lord - And God said; Behold; do; go;
2:4 in that day - day;
2:7 doings, do (2) - do (3); do not My Words - And God said; is the spirit of the Lord straitned? are these His doings? do not My words do good to him that walketh uprightly? - great questions of the bible (3);
2:10 because;
2:11do; will;
2:12 I will surely assemble, I will surely gather, I will put them together - I will's of God (3); all; remnant;
2:13 come; before (2); gone - go;
Chapter 3
3:1 And I said - and God said; know; Is it not for you to know judgement? - great questions of the bible;
3:2 good & evil, G&E;
3:4 but; He will not hear them, He will even hide His face - I will's of God (2); doings - do;
3:5 Thus saith the Lord - And God said; make;
3:6 the day - day; day & night, D&N;
3:7 all;
3:8 but; power;
3:9 all;
3:11 will; come; Is not the Lord among us? - great questions of the bible;
Chapter 4
4:1 but; in the last days - day; it shall come to pass; come;
4:2 come (2); go (2); He will teach us of His ways - I will's of God; ways - way; will; the word of the Lord - And God said;
4:4 but; make; the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it - And God said;
4:5 all; will (2);
4:6 In that day - day; saith the Lord - And God said; will I assemble her, I will gather - I will's of God (2);
4:7 I will make her - I will's of God; make; remnant;
4:8 come (2);
4:9 Now; dost - do; why dost thou cry out aloud? is there no king in thee? is thy counsellor perished? - great questions of the bible (3);
4:10 bring; now; go (2); delivered - deliver;
4:11 Now; look;
4:12 but; know;
4:13 I will make thine horn iron, I will make thy hoofs brass, I will consecrate their gain - I will's of God (3); make (2);
Chapter 5
5:1 Now;
5:2 but; come; goings - go;
5:3 Therefore will He give them up - I will's  of God; give; until; brought - bring; remnant;
5:4 now;
5:5 come;
5:6 deliver; cometh - come;
5:7 remnant;
5:8 remnant; go; deliver;
5:9 all;
5:10 And it shall come to pass; in that day - day; saith the Lord - And God said; come; I will cut off thy horses, I will destroy thy chariots - I will's of God (2);
5:11 I will cut off the cities of thy land - I will's of God; all;
5:12 I will cut off witchcrafts - I will's of God;
5:13 also will I cut off - I will's of God;
5:14 I will pluck up thy groves, so will I destroy thy cities - I will's of God (2);
5:15 I will execute vengeance - I will's of God;
Chapter 6
6:1 now; the Lord saith - And God said; before;
6:2 He will plead with Israel - I will's of God;
6:3 done - do; what have I done unto thee? and wherein have I wearied thee? - great questions of the bible (2);
6:4 brought - bring; sent; before;
6:5 now; know;
6:6 come (2); before (3); Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? - great questions of the bible (2);
6:7 Will the Lord be pleased - I will's of God; give; Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? - great questions of the bible (2);
6:8 doth, do - do (2); but; what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? - great questions of the bible;
6:9 The Lord's voice crieth - And God said; see; hear & see, H&S;
6:10 Are there yet the treasures of wickedness in the house of the wicked, and the scant measure that is abominable? - great questions of the bible;
6:11 shall I count them pure with the wicked balances, and with the bag of deceitful weights? - great questions of the bible;
6:13 Therefore also will I make thee sick in smititng thee - I will's of God; making, make - make (2); because;
6:14 but (2); deliver, deliverest - deliver (2); will I give up to the sword - I will's of God; give;
6:15 but (3);
6:16 kept - keep; all; make;
Chapter 7
7:1 Woe;
7:2 all;
7:3 do;
7:4 the day of thy watchmen - day; cometh - come; now;
7:5 keep;
7:7 look; will (2); my God will hear me - I will's of God;
7:8 light & dark, L&D;
7:9 will; because; until; bring; behold; He will bring me forth - I will's of God;
7:10 see; behold; now; Where is the Lord thy God? - great questions of the bible;
7:11 in the day, in that day - day (2);
7:12 in that day - day; come;
7:13 because; doings - do;
7:14 in the days of old - day;
7:15 to the days of thy coming out - day; coming - come; will I shew unto him - I will's of God;
7:16 see; all;
7:17 because;
7:18 remnant; because; Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? - great questions of the bible;
7:19 He will turn again, He will have compassion, He will subdue - I will's of God (3); all;
7:20 Thou hast sworn - and God said; from the days of old - day;

NAHUM

Chapter 1
1:2 the Lord will take vengeance - I will's of God;
1:3 power; and will not at all acquit the wicked - I will's of God; all; way;
1:4 maketh - make; all;
1:5 all;
1:6 before; who can stand before His indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of His anger? - great questions of the bible (2);
1:7 in the day of trouble - day; knoweth - know;
1:8 But; He will make an utter end - I will's of God; make;
1:9 What do ye imagine against the Lord? - great questions of the bible; do; He will make an utter end - I will's of God; make;
1:11 come;
1:12 thus saith the Lord - and God said; I will afflict thee no more - I will's of God;
1:13 now; will I break his yoke, and will burst thy bonds - I will's of God (2);
1:14 And the Lord hath given a commandment- the Lord commanded; given - give; of thy gods will I cut off, I will make thy grave - I will's of God (2); make;
1:15 Behold; bringeth - bring; keep;
Chapter 2
2:1 come; before; keep; way; make; power;
2:3 made; in the day of his preparation - day;
2:4 ways - way;
2:5 make;
2:7 brought - bring;
2:8 but (2); look;
2:9 all;
2:10 all (2);
2:11 made; Where is the dwelling of the lions, and the feedingplace of the young lions, where the lion, even the old lion, walked, and the lion's whelp, and none made them afraid? - great questions of the bible;
2:12 did - do;
2:13 Behold; saith the Lord - And God said; I will burn her chariots in the smoke, I will cut off thy prey from the earth - I will's of God (2);
Chapter 3
3:1 Woe; all;
3:4 Because; well-favoured - well;
3:5 Behold; saith the Lord - And God said; I will discover thy skirts upon thy face, I will shew the nations thy nakedness - I will's of God (2);
3:6 I will cast abominable filth upon thee, and will set thee as a gazingstock - I will's of God (2); make;
3:7 and it shall come to pass; come; all; look; will; seek; who will bemoan her? whence shall I seek comforters for thee? - great questions of the bible (2);
3:8 Art thou better than populous No, that was situate among the rivers, that had the waters round about it, whose rampart was the sea, and her wall was from the sea? - great questions of the bible;
3:9 helpers - help;
3:10 went; all (2);
3:11 seek; because;
3:12 all;
3:13 behold;
3:14 go; make;
3:15 make (2);
3:17 in the cold day - day; but; known - know;
3:19 all; for upon whom hath not thy wickedness passed continually? - great questions of the bible;

HABAKKUK

Chapter 1
1:1 did - do; see;
1:3 dost - do; behold; before; why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance? - great questions of the bible;
1:4 doth (2) - do (2); go;
1:5 Behold; in your days - day; I will work a work - I will's of God; will;
1:8 come;
1:9 come; all;
1:11 power;
1:12 Art thou not from everlasting, O Lord my God, mine Holy One?  - great questions of the bible;
1:13 behold; look, lookest - look (2); wherefore lookest thou upon them, that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he? - great questions of the bible;
1:14 makest - make; And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them? - great questions of the bible;
1:15 all;
1:16 because;
1:17 shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations? - great questions of the bible;\
Chapter 2
2:1 will (2); see; He will say unto me - I will's of God; And God said;
2:2 and the Lord answered me and said - And God said; make;
2:3 but; because; it will surely come - and it came to pass; will (2); come;
2:4 Behold; but;
2:5 because; keepeth - keep; but; all (2);
2:6 all; Woe; how long? - great questions of the bible;
2:7 suddenly? Shall they not rise up suddenly that shall bite thee, and awake that shall vex thee, and thou shalt be for booties unto them? - great questions of the bible;
2:8 Because (2); all (2); remnant;
2:9 Woe; power; delivered - deliver;
2:11 call & answer, C&A;
2:12 Woe;
2:13 Behold; Behold, is it not of the Lord of hosts that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity? - great questions of the bible;
2:14 knowledge - know;
2:15 woe; giveth - give; maketh - make; look;
2:17 made; because; all;
2:18 maker (2), make - make (3) What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols? - great questions of the bible;
2:19 Woe; behold; all;
2:20 but; all; keep; before;
Chapter 3
3:2 make; known - know; 
3:3 came - come; heaven & earth, H&E;
3:4 coming - come;
3:5 Before; went (2);
3:6 beheld - behold; did - do; ways - way;
3:7 saw - see; did - do;
3:8 Was the Lord displeased against the rivers? was Thine anger against the rivers? was Thy wrath against the sea, that thou didst ride upon Thine horses and Thy chariots of salvation? - great questions of the bible (3); didst - do; PLEASE GOD;
3:9 made; didst - do; even Thy Word - and God said;
3:10 saw - see;
3:11 went;
3:12 didst (2) - do (2);
3:13 wentest - went;
3:14 didst - do; came - come;
3:15 didst - do;
3:16 in the day of trouble - day; cometh - come; He will invade them with His troops - I will's of God;
3:18 will (2);
3:19 He will make my feet like hinds' feet, He will make me to walk upon mine high place - I will's of God (2); make (2);


Started:  October 22, 2017

Continued: 10/23; 10/24; 10/25; 10/26; 10/27; 10/28;

Finished:  October 28, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment