Thursday, October 12, 2017

WORD & PHRASE STUDY OF THE BIBLE - HOSEA; JOEL; AMOS;

HOSEA


Word Studies:

After
All
Because
Before
Bring, Brought, Bringest, Broughtest
But
Come, Camest, Came
Day
Do, Dost, Doeth, Doth
Give, Giveth, Givest
Help
Keep
Know, Knowest, Knew, Knowledge
Made
Make, Makest
Now
Perfect
Power
Remnant
See, Saw, Seest, 
Seek, Sought
Send, Sent
Until, Til
Way
Went
Woe

Phrases

And God Said
Day & Night, D& N
Hear & See, or See & Hear - H & S;
Heaven & Earth
In that day
"I Will's of God"
Poor & Needy
Seek & Find
Small & Great
Take Heed
The Lord Commanded

Questions of the Bible

Chapter 1
1:1 The word of the Lord - And God said; came - come; in the days of Uzziah, in the days of Jeroboam - day (2);
1:2 of the word of the Lord, And the Lord said - And God said (2); go;
1:3 went;
1:4 And the Lord said - And God said; I will avenge the blood of Jezreel, and will cause to cease - I will's of God (2);
1:5 and it shall come to pass; come; at that day - day; I will break the bow - I will's of God;
1:6 and God said ; I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel, I will utterly take them away - I will's of God (2); but;
1:7 But; I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them, and will not save them by - I will's of God (3);
1:8 now;
1:9 Then said God - And God said; I will not be your God - I will's of God;
1:10 and it shall come to pass; come;
1:11 come; the day of Jezreel - day;
Chapter 2
2:3 in the day - day; make;
2:4 I will not have mercy upon her children - I will's of God;
2:5 done- do; go; after; give; will;
2:6 behold; I will hedge up thy way - I will's of God; way; make; find;
2:7 after; but (2); will; go; seek; find; seek & find, S&F; now;
2:8 did - do; know; gave - give;
2:9 Therefore will I return, and will recover My wool - I will's of God (2); given - give;
2:10 And now will I discover her lewdness - I will's of God; now; deliver;
2:11 I will also cause - I will's of God; all 92); her feast days - day;
2:12 I will destroy her vines, I will make them a forest - I will's of God (2); make; given - give;
2:13 I will visit upon her - I will's of God; the days of BAalim - day; went; after; saith the Lord - And God said;
2:14 behold; I will allure her - I will's of God; bring;
2:15 I will give her her vineyards - I will's of God; give; in the days of her youth, in the day - day (2); came - come;
2:16 at that day - day; saith the Lord - and God said;
2:17 For I will take away - I will's of God;
2:18 And in that day - day; will I make a covenant, I will break the bow, and will make them to lie down safely - I will's of God (3); make (2); heaven & earth, H&E;
2:19 And I will betroth thee unto Me, I will betroth thee - I will's of God (2);
2:20 I will even betroth thee - I will's of God; know;
2:21 and it shall come to pass; come; in that day - day; saith the Lord - And God said; I will hear, I will hear - I will's of God (2); heaven & earth, H&E;
2:23 I will sow her, I will have mercy, I will say to them - I will's of God (3);
Chapter 3 
3:1 Then said the Lord unto me - And God said; go; look;
3:3 many days - day; will;
3:4 many days - day;
3:5 Afterward - after; seek; fear the Lord; in the latter days - day;
Chapter 4
4:1 Hear the word of the Lord - And God said; because;knowledge - know;
4:3 heaven & earth, H&E;
4:5 in the day - day; I will destroy thy mother - I will's of God;
4:6 knowledge (2) - know (2); because; I will also reject thee, I will also forget thy children - I will's of God (2); seeing - see;
4:7 therefore will I change their glory into shame - I will's of God;
4:9 and I will punish them - I will's of God; ways - way; doings - do;
4:10 because; take heed;
4:12 gone - go;
4:13 because;
4:14 I will not punish your daughters - I will's of God; doth - do;
4:15 come; go;
4:16 now; the Lord will feed - I will's of God;
4:18 do; give;
4:19 because;
Chapter 5
5:1 give; because;
5:2 make; all;
5:3 know; now;
5:4 will; doings - do; know;
5:5 doth;
5:6 go; but; seek; find; seek & find, S&F;
5:7 now;
5:8 after;
5:9 in the day of rebuke - day; made; known - know;
5:10 I will pour out My wrath - I will's of God;
5:11 because; willingly - will; after;
5:12 Therefore will I be unto Ephraim as a moth - I will's of God;
5:13 saw (2) - see (2); went; sent;
5:14 I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, I will tear, I will take away - I will's of God (3); go;
5:15 I will go and return to My place - I will's of God; till - until; go; seek (2); will;
Chapter 6
6:1 come; He will heal us, He will bind us up - I will's of God (2);
6:2 after; two days, in the third day - day (2); will He revive us, He will raise us up - I will's of God (2);
6:3 know (2); going - go; come;
6:4 what shall I do unto thee? what shall I do unto thee? - great questions of the bible (2); do (2): goeth - go;
6:5 by the words of My mouth - And God said; goeth - go;
6:6 knowledge - know;
6:7 but;
6:9 way;
6:10 seen - see;
Chapter 7
7:1 cometh - come;
7:2 all; now; doings - do; before;
7:3 make;
7:4 all; after; until;
7:5 in the day of our king - day; made;
7:6 made; all; day & night, D&N;
7:7 all (2); call & answer, C&A;
7:9 knoweth (2) - know (2);
7:10 do; seek; all;
7:11 go;
7:12 go; bring; I will spread My net, I will bring them down, I will chastise them - I will's of God (3);
7:13 because; Woe;
7:14 call & answer, C&A;
7:15 do;
7:16 but;
Chapter 8
8:1 come; because;
8:2 know;
8:4 but; made (2); knew - know;
8:5 will; how long will it be ere they attain to innocency? great questions of the bible;
8:6 made; but;
8:7 sow & reap, S&R;
8:8 now;
8:9 gone - go;
8:10 now; will I gather them up - I will's of God;
8:11 because; made;
8:12 but;
8:13 but; now; will He remember their iniquity - I will's of God;
8:14 hath forgotten his Maker - Names of God; make; but; I will send a fire upon his cities - I will's of God; send;
Chapter 9
9:1 gone - go;
9:3 but;
9:4 all; come;
9:5 will; do; in the solemn day, in the day of the feast of the Lord - day (2); What will ye do in the solemn day, and in the day of the feast of the Lord? - great questions of the bible;
9:6 gone - go; because;
9:7 the days of visitation, the days of recompence - day (2); come (2); know;
9:8 but; all; ways- way;
9:9 in the days of Gibeah - day; He will remember their iniquity, He will visit their sins - I will's of God (2);
9:10 found - find; saw - see; but; went;
9:12 bring; yet will I bereave them - I will's of God;
9:13 saw - see; but; bring;
9:14 give (3); Give them, O Lord: what wilt Thou give? - great questions of the bible;
9:15 all(2); doings - do; I will drive them out of Mine house, I will love them no more - I will's of God (2); love & hate, L&H;
9:16 bring; yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb - I will's of God;
9:17 My God will cast them away - I will's of God; because; did - do;
Chapter 10
10:1 bringeth - bring; made;
10:2 now; found - find;
10:3 now; because; feared not the Lord - the fear of the Lord; do; what then should a king do to us? - great questions of the bible;
10:4 making - make;
10:5 because (2);
10:8 come;
10:9 the days of Gibeah - day; did - do;
10:11 but I will make Ephraim to ride - I will's of God; make;
10:12 seek; come; till - until;
10:13 because; didst- do; way;
10:14 all; in the day of battle - day;
10:15 do; because;
Chapter 11
11:2 went;
11:3 go; but; knew - know;
11:5 but; because;
11:6 because;
11:7 all;
11:8 give; make; deliver; How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? how shall I deliver thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how shall I set thee as Zeboim? - great questions of the bible (4);
11:9 I will not execute the fierceness of Mine anger, I will not return to destroy, I will not enter into the city - I will's of God (3);
11:10 after;
11:11 I will place them in their houses - I will's of God; saith the Lord - And God said;
11:12 but;
Chapter 12
12:1 after; do; make;
12:2 and will punish Jacob, will He recompense him - I will's of God (2); ways - way; doings - do;
12:3 power;
12:4 power; made; found - find; He spake with us - I will's of God;
12:6 keep;
12:8 found, find - find (2); all;
12:9 and I that am the thy God will yet make thee to dwell in tabernacles - I will's of God; make; in the days of the solemn feast - day;
12:10 I have also spoken - And God said;
12:11 Is their iniquity in Gilead? - great questions of the bible;
12:12 kept - keep;
12:13 brought - bring;
Chapter 13
13:1 but;
13:2 now; made; all;
13:4 know;
13:5 did - do; know;
13:7 therefore I will be unto them as a lion, will I observe them - I will's of God (2); way;
13:8 I will meet them, and will rend the caul of their heart, will I devour them - I will's of God (3);
13:9 but; help;
13:10 I will be thy king - I will's of God; all; give; where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities? and thy judges of whom thou saidst, Give me a king and princes? - great questions of the bible (2);
13:11 gave - give;
13:13 come; 
13:14 I will ransom them, I will redeem them, I will be thy plagues, I will be thy destruction - I will's of God (4); power;
13:15 come (2); all;
Chapter 14
14:2 all; will;
14:3 will (2); findeth - find;
14:4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely - I will's of God (2);
14:5 I will be as the dew unto Israel - I will's of God;
14:8 do; found - find; What have I to do any more with idols? - great questions of the bible;
14:9 know; ways - way; but; Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? - great questions of the bible (2);

JOEL

Chapter 1
1:1 The word of the Lord - And God said; came - come;
1:2 all; give; in your days, in the days of your fathers - day (2); Hath this been in your days or even in the days of your fathers? - great questions of the bible;
1:5 all; because;
1:6 come;
1:7 made (2);
1:11 because;
1:12 all; because;
1:13 come; all;
1:14 all;
1:15 the day! for the day of the Lord is at hand - day (2); come;
1:16 before; Is not the meat cut off before our eyes, yea, joy and gladness from the house of our God? - great questions of the bible;
1:18 do; because; made;
1:19 will; all;
Chapter 2
2:1 all; cometh - come; for the day of the Lord - day;
2:2 A Day of darkness, an dof gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness - day (2); after;
2:3 before (2);
2:6 before; all;
2:7 ways - way;
2:10 heaven & earth, H&E:
2:11 and the Lord shall utter His voice, His Word - And God said (2); before; the day of the Lord - day; and who can abide it? - great questions of the bible;
2:12 now; saith the Lord - And God said; all;
2:14 knoweth - know; if He will return - I will's of God; Who knoweth if He will return, and repent, and leave a blessing behind Him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the Lord your God?- great questions of the bible;
2:16 go;
2:17 give; Where is their God? - great questions of the bible;
2:18 Then will the Lord be jealous - I will's of God;
2:19 Yea, the Lord will answer, I will send you corn, I will no more make you a reproach - I will's of God (3); the Lord will answer and say - And God said; behold; send; make;
2:20 but; I will remove far off, and will drive him - I will's of God (2); come (2); because; done - do;
2:21 for the Lord will do great things- I will's of God; do;
2:22 do (2);
2:23 given - give; He will cause to come down - I will's of God; come;
2:25 I will restore to you the years - I will's of God; sent;
2:27 know;
2:28 And it shall come to pass; come; afterward - after; all; see;
2:29 in those days - day; will I pour out My Spirit - I will's of God;
2:30 I will shew wonders  - I will's of God; heaven & earth, H&E;
2:31 before; come; the great and the terrible day of the Lord - day;
2:32 And it shall come to pass; come; delivered, deliver - deliver (2); as the Lord hath said - And God said; remnant;
Chapter 3
3:1 behold; in those days - day; bring;
3:2 I will also gather all nations, will bring them down, will plea with them there - I will's of God (3); all; bring;
3:3 given - give;
3:4 do; all; will; speedily will I return your recompence - I will's of God; what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render Me a recompence? - great questions of the bible (2);
3:5 because;
3:7 Behold; I will raise them out of the place, and will return your recompence - I will's of God (2);
3:8 I will sell your sons and daughters - I will's of God; for the Lord hath spoken it - And God said;
3:9 all; come; draw near - draw nigh;
3:11 come (2); all;
3:12 come; for there will I sit to judge - I will's of God; all;
3:13 come;
3:14 for the day of the Lord - day;
3:16 The Lord shall roar, and utter His voice - and God said; but; but the Lord will be the hope - I will's of God; heaven & earth, H&E;
3:17 know;
3:18 And it shall come to pass; come (2); all; in that day - day;
3:19 because;
3:20 but;
3:21 For I will cleanse their blood - I will's of God;

AMOS

Chapter 1
1:1 in the days of Uzziah, and int he days of Jeroboam - day (2); before;
1:2 The Lord will roar from Zion - I will's of God;
1:3 Thus saith the Lord - And God said; I will not turn away the punishment - I will's of God; because;
1:4 But; I will send a fire - I will's of God; send;
1:5 I will break also the bar of Damascus - I will's of God; go; saith the Lord - And God said;
1:6 Thus saith the Lord - And God said; I will not turn away the punishment thereof - I will's of God; because; deliver;
1:7 but; I will send  a fire on the wall of Gaza - I will's of God; send;
1:8 I will cut off the inhabitant, I will turn Mine hand against Ekron - I will's of God (2); remnant; saith the Lord God - And God said;
1:9 Thus saith the Lord - And God said; I will not turn away the punishment thereof - I will's of God; because; delivered - deliver;
1:10 But; I will send a fire on the wall - I will's of God; send;
1:11 Thus saith the Lord - And God said; I will not turn away the punishment therof - iw ill's of God; because; did (3) - do (3); all; kept - keep;
1:12 but; I will send a fire - I will's of God; send;
1:13 Thus saith the Lord - And God said; I will not turn away the punishment thereof - I will's of god; because;
1:14 but; I will kindle a fire in the wall - I will's of God; in the day of battle, in the day of the whirlwind - day (2);
1:15 go; saith the Lord - And God said;
Chapter 2
2:1 thus saith the Lord - And God said; I will not turn away the punishment - I will's of God; because;
2:2 But; I will send a fire - I will's of God; send;
2:3 I will cut off the judge from the midst, and will slay all the princes - I will's of God; saith the Lord - And God said; all;
2:4 thus saith the Lord - And God said; I will not turn away the punishment thereof - I will's of God; because; kept - keep; after;
2:5 but; I will send a fire - I will's of God; send;
2:6 thus saith the Lord - And God said; I will not turn away the punishment thereof - I will's of God; because;
2:7 after; way; will; go;
2:9 before;
2:10 brought - bring;
2:11 saith the Lord - And God said; Is it not even thus, O ye children of Israel? - great questions of the bible;
2:12 but; gave - give;
2:13 behold;
2:14 deliver;
2:15 deliver (2);
2:16 in that day - day; saith the Lord - And God said;
Chapter 3
3:1 Hear this word that the Lord hath spoken, saying - And God said; brought - bring;
3:2 known - know; all (2); I will punish you for all your iniquities - I will's of God;
3:3  Can two walk together, except they be agreed? - great questions of the bible;
3:4 will (2); Will a lion roar in the forest, when he hath no prey? will a young lion cry out of his den, if he have taken nothing? -  great questions of the bible (2);
3:5 all; Can a bird fall in a snare upon the earth, where no gin is for him? shall one take up a snare from the earth, and have taken nothing at all? - great questions of the bible (2);
3:6 done - do; Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it? - great questions of the bible (2);
3:7 the Lord will do nothing - I will's of God; do; but;
3:8 will; the Lord God hath spoken - And God said; but; who will not fear? who can but prophesy? - great questions of the bible (2);
3:9 behold;
3:10 know; do; saith the Lord - And God said;
3:11 thus saith the Lord God - And God said; bring;
3:12 thus saith the Lord - And God said;
3:13 saith the Lord God - And God said;
3:14 that in the day - day; I will also visit the altars of Bethel - I will's of God;
3:15 I will smite the winter house - I will's of God; saith the Lord - And God said;
Chapter 4
4:1 bring; poor & needy, P&N;
4:2 The Lord God hath sworn - And God said; the days shall come upon you - day; come; that He will take you away - I will's of God;
4:3 go; before; saith the Lord - And God said;
4:4 come; bring; after;
4:5 saith the Lord God - And God said;
4:6 saith the Lord - And God said; given - give; all (2);
4:8 but; saith the Lord - And God said;
4:9 saith the Lord - And God said;
4:10 sent; after; made; come; saith the Lord - And God said;
4:11 saith the Lord - And God said;
4:12 thus will I do unto thee, I will do this unto thee - I will's of God (2); do (2); because;
4:13 maketh - make;
Chapter 5
5:1 Hear ye this word which I take up against you - and God said;
5:3 For thus saith the Lord - And God said; went (2);
5:4 For thus saith the Lord - And God said; seek;
5:5 but; seek; go;
5:6 seek;
5:8 seek; maketh (2) - make (2); the day dark - day; day & night, D&N;
5:9 come;
5:11 but (2);
5:12 know;
5:13 keep;
5:14 seek; good & evil, G&E;
5:15 the Lord God of hosts will be gracious - I will's of God; remnant; good & evil, G&E; love & hate, L&H;
5:16 the Lord, saith thus - And God said; all (2);
5:17 all; for I will pass through thee - I will's of God; saith the Lord - And God said;
5:18 Woe; the day of the Lord (2) - day (2); to what end is it for you? - great questions of the bible; light & dark, L&D;
5:19 did - do; went;
5:20 the day fo the Lord - day; Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light/ every very dark, and not brighness in it? - great questions of the bible (2); light & dark, L&D;
5:21 I will not smell  - I will's of God; feast days - day;
5:22 I will not accept the, neither will I regard the peace offerings - I will's of God (2);
5:23 for I will not hear the melody of thy viols - I will's of God;
5:24 but;
5:25 Have ye offered unto Me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel?- great questions of the bible;
5:26 but; made;
5:27 Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity - I will's of God; go; saith the Lord - And God said;
Chapter 6
6:1 woe; came - come;
6:2 see; go (2); be they better than these kingdoms? or their border greater than your border? - great questions of the bible (2);
6:3 the evil day - day; come;
6:6 but;
6:7 now; go (2);
6:8 the Lord God hath sworn, saith the Lord - And God said; therefore will I deliver up the city - I will's of God; deliver; all;
6:9 and it shall come to pass; come;
6:10 bring; make; Is there yet any with thee? - great questions of the bible;
6:11 behold; the Lord commanded; He will mite the great house with breaches - I will's of God;
6:12 will; Shall horses run upon the rock? will one plow there with oxen? - great questions of the bible (2);
6:13 Have we not taken to us horns by our own strength? - great questions of the bible;
6:14 But; behold; I will raise up against you a nation - I will's of God; saith the Lord - And God said;
Chapter 7
7:1 behold; after;
7:2 and it came to pass; came - come; made; by whom shall Jacob arise?- great questions of the bible;
7:3 saith the Lord - And God said;
7:4 behold; the Lord God called to contend by fire - And God said; did - do;
7:5 by whom shall Jacob arise? - great questions of the bible;
7:6 saith the Lord God - And God said;
7:7 behold; made;
7:8 And the Lord said, then said the Lord - and God said (2); behold; I will set a plumbline, I will not again pass by them any more - I will's of God (2); Amos, what seest thou? - great questions of the bible;
7:9 I will rise against the house of Jeroboam - I will's of God;
7:10 sent; all;
7:12 go;
7:13 but;
7:14 but;
7:15 the Lord said - And God said; go;
7:16 Now; the word of the Lord - And  God said;
7:17 thus saith the Lord - And God said; go;
Chapter 8
8:1 behold;
8:2 And He said, then said the Lord - And God said (2); Amos, what seest thou? - great questions of the bible; come; I will not again pass by them any more - I will's of God;
8:3 in that day - day; saith the Lord God - And God said;  
8:4 make; poor & needy, P&N;
8:5 will; gone - go; making - make; When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel grea, and falsifying the balances by deceit? - great questions of the bible (2); great & small, G&S;
8:6 poor & needy, P&N; That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat? - great questions of the bible; 
8:7 The Lord hath sworn - And God said; I will never forget any of their works - I will's of God;
8:8 shall not the land tremble for this, and everyone mourn, that dwelleth therein? - great questions of the bible;
8:9 And it shall come to pass; in that day, in the clear day - day (2); saith the Lord God - And God said; I will cause the sun to go down at noon, I will darken the earth in the clear day - I will's of God (2); go;
8:10 a bitter day - day; all (2); bring; make; I will turn your feasts into mourning, I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, I will make it as the mourning of an only son  - I will's of God (3);
8:11 Behold; the days come - day; come; saith the Lord God, the words of the Lord - And God said (2); I will send a famine in the land - I will's of God; send; but;
8:12 seek; the word of the Lord - And God said; find; seek & find, S&F;
8:13 in that day - day;
Chapter 9
9:1 saw - see; and He said - And God said; all; I will slay the last of them with the sword - I will's of God; delivered - deliver;
9:2 will I bring them down - I will's of God; bring; heaven & hell, H&H:
9:3 I will search and take them, thence will I command the serpent - I will's of God (2); will I command - the Lord commanded;
9:4 go; before; will I command, I will set Mine eyes - I will's of God (2); will I command - the Lord commanded; good & evil, G&E;
9:5 all;
9:6 heaven & earth, H&E;
9:7 Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto Me, O children of Israel? Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir? - great questions of the bible (3); saith the Lord - And God said; brought - bring;
9:8 Behold; saith the Lord - And God said; I will destroy it from off the face of the earth, I will not utterly destroy it - I will's of God (2);
9:9 I will command - the Lord commanded; I will command, I will sift the house of Israel - I will's of God (2); all;
9:10 all;
9:11 in that day, in the days of old - day (2); will I raise up the tabernacle of David, I will raise up his ruins, I will build it as in the days of old - I will's of God (3);
9:12 remnant; all; saith the Lord - And God said; doeth - do;
9:13 behold; the days come - day; come; all;
9:14 I will bring again the captivity of My people - I will's of God; bring; make;
9:15 I will plant them upon their land - I will's of God; given - give; saith the Lord God - And God said;   







Started:  October 12, 2017

Continued: 10/13; 10/14; 10/15; 10/16; 10/17; 10/21; 10/22;

Finished: October 22, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment