Monday, August 1, 2011

AUGUST PRAYER LETTER

AUGUST PRAYER LETTER

Beginning a new month; prayers continue, needs increase, lostness in souls is ever more real and prevalent;
‘Come down Lord, come down, we need you so desperately today.’

MINISTRY UPDATES:

--Zoar had their VBS last week; I was not scheduled to teach, but ended up taking the adult class; I taught 3 nights and did 22 books of the Bible each night;
--fox’s Hollow had their VBS on Saturday and just had to help in set up;
--conference prayer call tonight for Sermonindex at 9 PM;
--I have added over the last month, trying to do daily updates and encouragements for prayer partners with Sermonindex;
--meeting with Tom Elliff was precious; he shared when he prayed with Ron Dunn, Bertha Smith, conversations with Culpepper; we prayed following our meeting, a very rare thing to find; encouraged me to get ‘Beyond the Ranges’
--August 6 at 7:30 is our first county wide prayer for revival among Hampshire county; we will try to do this every two weeks;
--continuing services at both churches;
--sent out letter to state convention leaders about fall calls to prayer;
--sent out letter to SBC leadership for serious call to prayer;

FAMILY:
--my oldest, Hannah, starts college this month;
--kids will return to school in the middle of the month;
--practices start back up for football/track; and band for Elizabeth;
Praying that they make their witness sure and steadfast. I have seen so often instead of Christians pulling people to them to Christ, they allow for them to be pulled to sin. Praying that it be the former condition and not the latter for all my children. More and more trusting the promises of God for ‘my children’.
--our wedding anniversary is this month;
-- our Biser reunion August 6;

PRAYER FOCUS:
--100 lost souls;
--two church families;
--my family and extended family; over 40 souls;
--saints - over a 100;
--Broken Before the throne prayer group; (12)
--WV convention;
--SBC leadership; entities, seminaries and other workers;
--Sermonindex conference; Meri Beth’s volunteer lists;
--sick;
--Hampshire county pastors joining me in prayer and revival;

BOOKS
--finished Jonathan Goforth’s, ‘By My Spirit’; this ranks up there with Rees Howell;
--received Leonard Ravenhill’s biography for the conference this October;
--just got Tom Elliff’s recommendation, ‘Behind the Ranges, the story of J O Fraser, by Mrs. Howard Taylor;
--still slowly going through ‘The Christian in Complete Armor’ by Gurnall;
--Wesley Duewel’s ‘Prevailing Prayer and Ablaze for God’
--Culpeppers biography;
--Rosalind Goforth, wife of Jonathan, ‘How I know. . . God Answers Prayer’
--’the Calloused Knees’ about John Smith; powerful book
--William Law’s, ‘The Power of the Spirit’ major focus in prayer and preaching and searching for God’s power; I feel everything is based here in Him for the power we need for revival, salavation, enduement and keeping;
--Bible reading, reading 2nd time through this year, word study is, ‘Will’ and the when God says, ‘I will’ this is a powerful study of all the times God says, “I will do . . . ‘

ANSWERED PRAYERS:
--provisions have been so blessed;
--God keeps moving and speaking;
--a clear word that I am not to accept the churches call but stay where I am at; no doubt here, it is clear as a bell;
--restoration of many sick;
--doors of opportunity continue to open
-- continue to see people coming into Zoar;
--

Thank you for your prayers for me. It is a busy life and time, may I use more and more seconds for Him, in Him and by Him. I desire so much more to see His glory manifested in our land and time. Hold me up before the Lord!

Until,
Dan
Rdbiser@live.com
http://dbiser.blogspot.com
http://danbiser.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment