Monday, June 6, 2011

June letter of prayer

JUNE LETTER OF PRAYER

GREETINGS,

MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
--work continues at Zoar and Fox’s Hollow with services, prayer times and Bible studies; plans have been made for VBS at Zoar in July;
--Sermonindex conference in October in Atlanta, GA; ‘Has the Church lost the Fear of the Lord?’ is the theme; with Carter Colon, Paul. Washer, Al Whittinghill and a few others; I am scheduled to lead prayer time on Friday, October 21 from 9 - 3 PM; and then moderate Q&A panel about Leonard Ravenhill’s biography book; the first of every month is prayer conference call;
--have approached local pastors in Hampshire county to have us meet and begin to pray for our county; we have a population of 20,000, there are roughly 90 churches and only 2000 are in church on Sunday, that means 18,000 are out of church; I have contacted them to win our county for Christ;
--I have a meeting with a church on June 8 about future role as pastor; I have no leading of the Holy Spirit on this, but please pray for the Lord’s will to be done;
--travel to Phoenix for the SBC convention with Elizabeth; pray for Divine leading and opportunities; they have rejected prayer during the convention, ‘Far be it from me that I should cease to pray for you’; ‘I will give myself unto prayer’ during these days;

FAMILY

--Hannah’s graduation went well; went to Penn. For another family members graduation party on my mom’s side; haven’t seen a lot of these for quite a while;
--Joshua and Chip are finishing up their educational trip to Europe where they went to Paris and Rome; they return June 8;
--Hannah and Elizabeth are babysitting for the summer;
--sporting and band are always having practices throughout the month;
--hope to go to the beach for our family vacation in July;
--Mommabear is home for the summer and we are trying to establish routines for the family;
--love the evenings we are home to do the camp fire out back and enjoy that long evenings;
--Hannah and Joshua went to states for track and did very well with their times; Hannah medaled;
--all the kids did well on their report cards with grades;

PRAYER FOCUS
--one of the things I found in Charleston at the state track meet was plastic table mats; they are the world and each continent, this is a blessed way to pray for Europe; for Africa, for China and other Asian countries; what a blessed gift from God to help me as I pray for missionaries and others;
--Hampshire county
--SBC; I added a whole page for prayer in my prayer notebook; this includes each person, SBC entity, school and those that I know of to bring before the Lord each day; Frank Page, Kevin Ezell, Tom Elliff, Bryant Wright, Richard Land are at the head of this page right now;
--world countries with problems and persecution Nigeria, Egypt, China;
--revival;
--Sermonindex conference;
--22 marriages;
--100 lost souls;
--two church families;
--over 100 saints and their ministries;
--Mineral country and drug use;

Books
-finished my Bible through for the 1st time this year; makes 33 times through;
--working on Psalm 119 for the month of June to rememorize;
--want to memorize Isaiah 53 all the way;
--finished Rees Howell’s Intercessor book by Norman Grubbs; what a powerful book!
--5 devotional books daily;
--reading the following acouple of pages a day just to feed my soul ‘A Present Day Challenge to Prayer’ about John Hyde; ‘The Calloused Knees’ about John Smith, Methodist pastor in early 1800’s, powerful prayer life; ‘Diary of John Sung’; ‘Revival Fire’ by Wesley Duewel; ‘the christian in complete armour’ by gurnall - simple what of the most in-depth blessed books to have and glean from; ‘The Spirit Filled Life’ by Andrew Murray;
I am waiting on William Law’s books that I just recently ordered.

ANSWERED PRAYER
--rejoicing at several healings for sick;
--financial needs met;Praise His Name of Jehovah-Rophi;
--continued leading and direction for service;
--taking me deeper in prayer times;
--open doors
So as you pray with me and for me, I thank you. May we continue to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is moving us to seek and find Him; ‘As for me, I will give myself unto prayer. . .and not cease till I see it answered or God takes my last breath from me.
Until,
Dan Biser
Rdbiser@live.com
http://danbiser.blogspot.com - articles, letters and messages about what God is saying to me;
http://dbiser.blogspot.com - blog of devotionals of every chapter in the Bible;
http://www.brokenbeforethethrone.com

1 comment:

  1. "--have approached local pastors in Hampshire county to have us meet and begin to pray for our county; we have a population of 20,000, there are roughly 90 churches and only 2000 are in church on Sunday, that means 18,000 are out of church; I have contacted them to win our county for Christ" --

    May MANY catch the vision the SPirit has given to you, Dan!

    ReplyDelete