Tuesday, May 3, 2011

MAY PRAYER UPDATE

May, 2011
Greetings,

I am always so blest by monthly newsletters and information about those in ministry that I feel led to share in like fashion. With the truest desire that you pray for me and with me; and that we may see the Lord’s mighty hand at work. I will give you themes and opportunities that the Lord is working currently in my life:

Ministry Opportunities - Participated in Sermonindex Conference Call last night; led a 10 minute devotion and then prayed with others for the remaining hour. Sermonindex is led by Greg Gordon and will have a conference in October in Atlanta, GA.
--April 30 and May 7 is Broken Before the Thrones Bible study and prayer meeting at 9 - 12 at WCRH in Williamsport, MD; I lead this as often as I can for the great need of prayer and fellowshipping with these brothers and sisters. It’s 90 miles away but a blessed time.
--Still pastor at Zoar and Fox’s Hollow; Sunday services, I teach SS at 10, worship at 11; Fox’s Hollows SS at 2 and worship at 3; Zoar evening worship at 5; Bible studies are Zoar at Tuesday at 7 and Fox’s Hollow on Thursday at 7;
I recently had another church express interest in me to become pastor. It is closer to my Keyser home. The church has had a rough 2 years, and I have prayed and helped when I could for the pastor because of his health and age. Please pray the Lord’s will be done here for them and me. I have no leading of the Spirit at this time for such a change.
Potomac Highland Baptist Assocaiton - led Solemn Assembly in Jan. of this year; nothing else has happened since; 20 churches, including Zoar And Fox’s Hollow, that I pray for; in Hampshire county, 20,000 population, 18,000 out of church and unresponsive to the Gospel;
WV Convention - pray for Terry Harper and 10 Associations in our state; 1.8 million population, 1.4 million lost and without Christ; I continue to try to promote prayer, solemn assemblies and times of prayer throughout;
SBC - I am in continual effort to reach the leadership of our convention to have ‘A Serious Call to Prayer’ throughout every state, seminary, assocation and local church to saturate us with the moving and working of the Holy Spirit; Most recently see an opportunity to have such a prayer meeting at the SBC meeting in Phoenix on Tuesday night to have prayer from 8 - 11 PM; Each hour have a special time to pray for NAMB, have tried to reach Kevin Ezell and Aaron Coe; contacted David Platt to lead another hour for the Secret Church and IMB’s plan to reach the remaining 6000 unreached people groups; and I want one hour to pray over the pastors and local churches across the SBC, so much sin, sorrow, and need for God’s fullness to be upon us to reach this world. It is always a battle in this. I know not why God lays it on my heart, but I respond as He does. And I thank God for what I have seen.

Family - my oldest child, Hannah graduates this month; the 3 oldest are in track and all doing well, looks like Hannah and Joshua will go to state;
Jonathan is away this week at 6th grade camp; Hannah is counselor there for the week;

Prayer Focus - having been praying with NAME, which is North Africa/Middle East group seeking 3 weeks of prayer and fasting for God’s direction in that troubled area; asking and looking for God to reveal His plans for them in the midst of this chaos and in some areas greater persecution;
--Canada has election today;
--US has Day of prayer on May 5th; such a horrible day with so many that do no regard prayer in other time except a day like this; our churches are not houses of prayer;
--prayer over 22 marriages that are divorcing or separated and struggling;
--praying over 100 lost souls;
--praying for saints that cover fellows brothers and sisters in Christ in the work of churches, leadership and laborers;
--praying for Ivory Coast/Sierra Leon/and Uganda;
--praying for Bill Elliff and Summit Church in Little Rock who are experiencing a great season of grace and working of God; praying for Cleveland, Tenn and churches in Bradley association having had 3 weeks of prayer and workings of God as well;
--another teenage suicide last week of 17 yr. old boy; praying for the drug use, alcohol use and loss of hope in so many in the area and across the nation;

Books: proper feeding is ever so necessary to sustain and replenish, this is always coupled with a healthy study, reading and memorizing of Scripture.
--The Christian in Complete Armour
--Diary of John sung;
--Rees Howel, intercessor
--5 devotionals
--Ablaze for God - wesley duewel
--The full blessing of Pentecost -Andrew Murray
--Heroes of the Holy Life by duewel
Answered Prayer: preacher taken sick, released and then rushed to the hospital Sunday morning thinking he was having a heart attack; restored, only stomach issues;
--woman injured severly in NC, husband and 2 year old son killed in accident; family blames God refuses to ask for prayer; now calling and asking for prayer;
--financial money given and provisions made;
--cancer patient in remission, and removed;
--husband lost and one of these of my 22 couples I’m praying for was saved and the marriage is healing and praise is given;


So as you pray with me and for me, I thank you. May we continue to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is moving us to seek and find Him; ‘As for me, I will give myself unto prayer. . .and not cease till I see it answered or God takes my last breath from me.
Until,
Dan Biser
Rdbiser@live.com
http://danbiser.blogspot.com - articles, letters and messages about what God is saying to me;
http://dbiser.blogspot.com - blog of devotionals of every chapter in the Bible;
http://www.brokenbeforethethrone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment