Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Daily Prayer Email for family 2/7/12

Greetings,
So many share of their needs for prayer for their lost family members. This is quite a plight and dilema for the church today. I knew it was bad, but I did not know how bad till I went to Heart Cry for Revival, (I beleive in 2006).

There in that meeting Jim Cymbala came preached the final sermon on Saturday. During that message he told of his own daughters sin and redemption by their Tuesday night prayer meeting. I had not read 'Fresh Wind, Fresh power', in which Jim tells the account there also. But at the invitation he tells this story of his daughter and extends an invitation to any of these 500 pastors, that if they had a wayward, lost son or daughter or grand child to come to the altar and seek God for their salvation.
WOW!! They ran to the altar and filled it clear back into the aisles. Not weeping and crying; but wailing and screaming. Never had I seen anything like that. And then I knew if the pastors homes are like this, then what about the rest of the church.

I fight and wrestle for my childrens souls every day.(I have 8 children) And because I have 8, I have no doubt a higher percentage of opportunity for Satan to get his claws into one of them.
First, there is no need for you to bear this alone. Whether your spouse is saved or not, matters not. Draw other prayer warriors to cover your children's souls and futures.

I have a picture I keep visible to the children. It is the picture of the 'marriage supper of the Lamb in heaven' that is set with cups, plates, silverware and chairs. It extends on out into eternity. I ask and tell the kids as often as I can, make sure not one of you is missing from that table. They are responsible for each other, as well as their mother and I. If a child is going a stray - attitude, some sin, etc. then I call a family meeting and we sit at our dining table and bring the charge against them. They are allowed to answer for themselves, but quickly I point to the picture and warn them that this act of rebellion or sin is the first step away from that eternity with Christ and that table. WE pray, renew and reconcile.

Promises from God holds me that God is the keeper of my children, not me. I am a failure as a husband, a son, a brother, a father, only God can do this. I must pray and do my part of my responbility, but my faith must be in Him alone. You be obedient, but let God do what God wants to do.

What does God want to do? I told you yesterday the verses, 'He would have none to perish'. Do you believe this or not? then hold fast, no matter the person or the circusmtances; God desires for the lost to be saved. Or else He never would have loved us enough to send His Son, our Savior.

HEre are the verses for you to hold fast for your children: (no doubt, there is more, but I use these)
--Isaiah 44:3, 'I will pour My Spirit upn thy seed, and My blessing upon thine off spring.' This is God speaking. And when God say, 'I will', He cannot lie, then He will. Let not unbelief be your downfall.
--Isaiah 49:25, 'I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children' Again, God is speaking and saying, 'I will'. then let God do what He wills.
--II Samuel 23:5, 'although my house be not so with God; yet He hath made with me everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although He make it not to grow.' God had given David His everlasting covenant of always having a king on the throne. God said it, and God did it. Yet, David saw his children that they were not right with God as He was. 'my house be not so with God' there was some problem, some sin. We know the story of David, a horrible home he had. Mainly because he married the wrong women, which he was not to do. But the story of Absalom, the raping of his daughter Tamar, Ammon's self - exaltation and death. All these horrible things, why? because God was absent from their lives.

Satan wants your children, your grandchildren. You must fight for them. Literally you must enter hell, defeat SAtan and his demons to break the hold over them. Only Christ can set the captives free.

Lastly, the hope of my heart through Christ - a devotional from Spurgeon, Mark 9:19, 'Bring him unto Me. . .' bring your sons, bring your daughters, bring your spouses and all your family to His faithful, loving, nail-scarred hands and leave them there. 'Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?' Yes, He has and He will.

until,
dan

No comments:

Post a Comment